Here comes the Extension RoundUp for the fourth quarter of the last year – 2016. Again it was not easy to choose these extensions among many, many other TYPO3 extensions. This time I segmented the picked extensions into several categories.
The categories are “Security”, “Frontend”, “Backend” and “Application”. The category “Application” is for extensions which provide larger functionality, affecting backend and frontend.
This extension enables Two-Factor-Authentication (TFA) for the backend and frontend. It can be enabled by each user. It is very easy to use, just install it and you are done. Nevertheless it would be good, if there is a short documentation. (Usually I do not mention extensions without some kind of manual here, this is an exception, because security is important)
- Version: 0.2.0
- Publication Date: Nov. 19, 2016
- TER: Link: https://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/authenticator
- Repository Link: https://github.com/pgampe/authenticator
- Author: Philipp Gampe (@pgampe)
BE User Password Reset (EXT: cdsrc_bepwreset)
When a backend user forgets his password, a TYPO3 admin must become active to set a new password. With this extension, the backend user can reset the password on his own. Furthermore it is possible to force a change of the password at the first login of the be user.
- Version: 2.0.0
- Publication date: Nov. 29., 2016
- TER Link: https://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/cdsrc_bepwreset
- Bugtracker https://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-cdsrc_bepwreset
- Author: Matthias Toscanelli
Minifier for TYPO3 (EXT:min)
There are already the TypoScript options for concatenating and compressing JS and CSS. This extension hooks into the process and also minifies both of them. Additionally it minifies the HTML output and is able to strip comments and whitespace. You can configure what will be stripped off.
- Version: 1.1.1
- Publication date: Dec. 29, 2016
- TER Link: https://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/min
- Repository: https://bitbucket.org/InstituteWeb/min
- Author: Armin Vieweg (@ArminVieweg)
It is a shopping cart solution for TYPO3. Daniel Lorenz, the maintainer, developed it from scratch. Focus lies on small to medium websites and usability. The functionality can be extended through add-on extensions. Currently available are a paypal and pdf add-on.
- Version: 2.0.0
- Publication date: Dec. 21, 2016
- TER Link: https://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/cart
- Repository: https://github.com/extcode/cart
- Author: Daniel Lorenz (@extcoder)
Language File Editor (EXT:lfeditor)
The extension “lfeditor” enables TYPO3 admins and editors to edit or overwrite any translation available in TYPO3. Depending on the mode set, it is possible to edit the language files of an extension directly or to override them in custom files. The latter makes the changes persistent, even if you install an update of the extension.
- Version: 4.0.3
- Publication date: Dec. 7, 2016
- TER Link: https://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/lfeditor
- Repository: http://gitlab.sgalinski.de/typo3/lfeditor
- Author: Stefan Galinski (@sgalinski)
Static Redirects (EXT: ods_redirects)
Since version 2 the extension “RealURL” does not provide the functionality any more, to let editors add redirects of URLs in the backend. This is where EXT:ods_redirects jump in. Additionally it allows the import of existing realurl redirects.
- Version: 1.3.3
- Publication date: Nov. 8, 2016
- TER Link: https://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/ods_redirects
- Author: Robert Heel
Image Auto-Resize (EXT:image_autoresize)
Authors often don’t know and don’t care, how large the pictures are, which they are uploading. This extension resizes every picture on upload or via a scheduler task. This minifying the storage footprint and will speed up the response times of the server.
- Version: 1.7.5
- Publication date: Nov. 03. 2016
- TER Link: https://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/image_autoresize
- Repository: https://git.typo3.org/TYPO3CMS/Extensions/image_autoresize.git
- Author: Xavier Perseguers (@xperseguers)
I hope that there was the one or the other extension among the pics, which are helpful for you. If you have any extension recommendations, please don’t hesitate and drop me a note.
Blogpost image found on pixabay created by WikiImages and published under the Creative Commons CC0 license.