This is the fifth issue of the TYPO3 extension roundup. Due to the long period covered the number of mentioned extensions is slightly higher than in the last issues. Additionally the release of TYPO3 8LTS increased the number of updated extensions further, which made it quite hard to choose the candidates. Read on for my selection for the first and second quarter of 2017.
Applications & Frontend
Unfortunately the “new” frontend editing did not make it into the final release of TYPO3 8LTS. But it is available as an extension, if you want to give it a try:
- Version 1.0.9
- Publication Date: June 7, 2017
- TER Link https://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/frontend_editing
- TER Publisher: Mattias Nilsson
This extension helps you to manage events, performances and its registrations. There are several sister extensions available which extend the functionality with reservations and courses.
- Version: 0.34.0
- Publication Date: June 29, 2017
- TER Link: https://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/t3events
- TER Publisher: Dirk Wenzel
Code Snippet Content Element
Content elements for special purposes are getting more and more widespread and provided as small TYPO3 extensions. One example the “Code Snippet CE” by Daniel Goerz. It uses the t3editor to edit code in the backend and “prism.js” for highlighting the code in the frontend.
- Version: 1.8.0
- Publication Date: April 6, 2017
- TER Link: https://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/fs_code_snippet/
- TER Publisher: Daniel Goerz
Many of us are using a google calendar f.e. to publish events and meetings in businesses or communities. You can display the dates nicely formatted with this extension on your TYPO3 website.
- Version: 4.2.1
- Publication Date: April 26, 2017
- TER Link: https://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/me_google_calendar/Index.html
- TER Publisher: Alexander Grein
The location manager makes it easy to display several location in a Google map, filter them by category and to apply custom styles to the map. You can use also the search suggestions by Google.
- Version: 1.1.0
- Publication Date: May 12, 2017
- TER Link: https://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/location_manager/Index.html
- TER Publisher: Nimius
If you have a touristic or holiday site, the weather is important for your customers, especially if they will visit in short time. The extension “weather2” displays weather current weather data and weather alerts.
- Version: 1.1.1
- Publication Date: February 8, 2017
- TER Link: https://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/weather2
- TER Publisher: Jochen Weiland
Backend and Development
Images in CKeditor
Images within a rich text editor is a quite controversal topic. The default feature set of CKEditor does not bring this functionality, but you can add it using the extension “rte_ckeditor_image”
- Version: 8.7.3
- Publication Date: June 26, 2017
- TER Link: https://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/rte_ckeditor_image
- TER Publisher: Netresearch
With this extension you can (dis-)allow certain content types via the configuration of backend layouts. After the configuration, your editors are only able to add create certain content elements in specific columns.
- Version: 2.2.2
- Publication Date: June 15, 2017
- TER Link: https://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/content_defender
- TER Publisher: Nicole Cordes
The TYPO3 console is a tool to perform tasks via command line, which “normally” require interaction. So it is perfectly suited for supporting automated deployments. I already wrote a blog post about the TYPO3 console here: https://typo3worx.eu/2017/05/typo3-console-getting-things-done/.
- Version: 4.6.5
- Publication Date: July 6, 2017
- TER Link: https://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/typo3_console/
- TER Publisher: Helmut Hummel
Creating pdfs was always a challenge … how to create a proper pdf out of your data. This extension support you by providing viewhelpers, which make it possible to create native pdf documents with FLUID templates.
- Version: 1.3.0
- Publication Date: April 23, 2017
- TER Link:https://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/pdfviewhelpers
- TER Publisher: Markus Mächler
YOAST is a company, which is providing SEO plugins for several webshops, blog and CMS systems. The extension provides several “live” analysis tools and previews, while writing and saving content.
- Version: 1.0.1
- Publication Date: April 20, 2017
- TER Link: https://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/yoast_seo
- TER Publisher: Yoast BV
Hreflang tags are quite easy to manage, if you are using a single tree approach for a multilanguage site with a single tree approach. If your customer uses multiple page trees, this task gets tricky. This is where this extension drops in and provides a solution for editors.
- Version: 2.0.4
- Publication Date: February 6, 2017
- TER Link: https://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/bgm_hreflang
- TER Publisher: Marco Huber
Caretaker is one of the most used security tools for TYPO3. Getting notified about security incidents a crucial feature for your service. This extension integrates caretaker notifications with the instant messaging tool “Mattermost”. (Perhaps it can also serve as a boilerplate for other IM services like Slack).
- Version: 1.2.0
- Publication Date: March 2, 2017
- TER Link: https://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/caretaker_mattermost
- TER Publisher: Nicole Cordes
Ok, this is no classical TYPO3 extension, but one for the Firefox browser providing a TYPO3 “workbench”. For more details see the post at TYPO3.com
- Version: 0.9.1
- Publication Date: January 26, 2017
- Link: https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/typo3-workbench/
- Publisher: Markus Söth
I hope, that one or more recommendations have been interesting for you. If so or if you know somebody, who could profit from it, please share this post via your favorite social network. For your convenience I added some share buttons at the end of this page.
I want to thank my supporters via patreon.com, who make this blog post possible:
If you appreciate my blog and want to support me, you can say “Thank You!”. Find out the various possiblities here: